MBA Membership Benefits
The Metropolitan Business Association was founded in 1974
as an association of leading Portland area business owners/operators,
CEOs and COOs, in a wide variety of categories, for the purpose of the
development and exchange of business, referrals and leads. It also
provides a valuable network of resources and professional experience to
draw upon. Membership is by invitation only, and offers the following
MBA MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
- Meet people with whom you would not otherwise have
the opportunity to develop strong professional and personal
relationships. This is particularly true due to the MBA membership
composition of one business per category, each of whom is a professional
in his or her field.
- MBA luncheons are attended by at least 25 people, where new business
can be facilitated, and follow-up can take place on pending business
- It provides opportunity to get to know the owners/top management
within each business, creating an atmosphere of confidence and trust
among member firms.
- MBA members benefit from knowing they will receive the best quality
of service and best quality in products, as well as best response time,
from fellow members.
- Because of the variety of business categories among members, all are
kept abreast of the local business trends through exchange of
conversation and member presentations.
- Hearing from interesting, diversified speakers at lunch
meetings broadens awareness of contemporary issues, business, civic, and
- Special events and social occasions provide opportunity to get to
know fellow business people – and to enjoy time spent together.
- Membership provides opportunity to approach fellow members to confer
with them in their areas of expertise for input on issues you may face
and which they may be able to provide through their professional
Harvey Mackey is the author of six New York Times bestsellers. He was
recently asked “What advice would you give to today’s business majors?”
He responded with:
“Networking. If I had to name the single characteristic shared
by all the truly successful people I’ve met over a lifetime, I’d say it
is the ability to create and nurture a network of contacts.”