The Metropolitan Business Association was founded in 1974 as an association of leading Portland area business owners/operators, CEOs and COOs, in a wide variety of categories, for the purpose of the development and exchange of business, referrals and leads. It also provides a valuable network of resources and professional experience to draw upon. Membership is by invitation only, and offers the following benefits:
MBA MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
- An opportunity to meet people with whom you would not otherwise have the opportunity to develop strong professional and personal relationships. This is particularly true due to the MBA membership composition of one business per category, each of whom is a professional in his or her field.
- MBA luncheons are attended by at least 25 people, where new business can be facilitated, and follow-up can take place on pending business among contemporaries.
- It provides opportunity to get to know the owners/top management within each business, creating an atmosphere of confidence and trust among member firms.
- MBA members benefit from knowing they will receive the best quality of service and best quality in products, as well as best response time, from fellow members.
- Because of the variety of business categories among members, all are kept abreast of the local business trends through exchange of conversation and member presentations.
- Hearing from interesting, diversified speakers at lunch meetings broadens awareness of contemporary issues, business, civic, and social.
- Special events and social occasions provide opportunity to get to know fellow business people – and to enjoy time spent together.
- Membership provides opportunity to approach fellow members to confer with them in their areas of expertise for input on issues you may face and which they may be able to provide through their professional expertise.
Harvey Mackey is the author of six New York Times bestsellers. He was recently asked “What advice would you give to today’s business majors?” He responded with:
“Networking. If I had to name the single characteristic shared by all the truly successful people I’ve met over a lifetime, I’d say it is the ability to create and nurture a network of contacts.”
COST OF MEMBERSHIP:
Application Fee: $475
Annual Dues: $975
Additional Reps: $135 per year (each company may have up to three representatives.)
Lunch: $25 (tip is included)